Administrative Assistant I
Administrative Assistant | Dallas, TX | Contract
Administrative Assistant I
Work Location: Dallas, TX
InGenesis is searching for an Administrative Assistant to work full-time to provide secretarial and clerical support for day-to-day operations in department or division office. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Transcribes dictation that may involve use of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Types correspondence, memorandums, grants, manuscripts, book chapters, etc. from complex rough drafts, which may involve special formats and complicated footnotes.
• Composes letters, memorandums, and other non-routine correspondence for supervisor's signature.
• Processes and submits on-line forms; pays invoices.
• Coordinates meetings and conferences for supervisor or other staff members.
• Makes appointments and maintains supervisor's calendar; makes travel and hotel reservations for supervisor or other staff members.
• Receives, screens, and directs visitors as required; answers and makes telephone calls; transfers calls, takes messages, or answers questions as necessary, including patient related calls and appointments.
• Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail; makes copies; faxes documents; makes deliveries on and off campus.
• Completes moderately complex projects and reports as requested by supervisor using word processing, spreadsheet, or database applications.
• Retrieves articles from Library; makes copies, including performing on-line library searches.
• Maintains various files and records for operating unit, which may include vacation/sick leave, personnel files, etc.; handles confidential and sensitive information in appropriate manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or GED and two (2) years related secretarial/administrative experience.
• Work requires knowledge of computers, office equipment, and other administrative tasks; familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of Excel a plus.
• Work requires ability to coordinate and work independently on projects.
• Work requires ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and external contacts concerning general policies and procedures.
• Work requires ability to work with confidential information on daily basis.
• Ability to provide “customer service focus”.
• Interpersonal and teamwork skills to contribute to objectives of organization.
• Adaptability/flexibility to react positively to changes in work environment.
• Initiative to improve productivity and quality of work.
• Ability to plan and organize work in logical and efficient manner.
• Testing may be required; Average of 40-50 typing of words per minute.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.