Administrative Assistant I (3536)
Administrative Assistant | Houston, TX | Contract
Administrative Assistant I
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis seeks an Administrative Assistant I to impact department efficiency and productivity and support the department chair or physician. Performs complex administrative and secretarial duties requiring judgment within general guidelines. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Assist, coordinate, and plan activities and program-specific events of the Moon Shot Program:
o Meetings, functions, and conferences, and other ad hoc events as necessary.
o Update master calendar for program functions and may assist with calendaring for Moon Shots Operations.
• Provide administrative support to Moon Shot’s Operations in Program-specific needs:
o Calendar and Meeting Management including scheduling, agendas, room set-up, presentations and other support materials, and meeting outcomes.
o Compose correspondence: informal (notes, memos, and notices); formal (letters and official correspondence).
o Maintain information tracking tools; implement document and information retrieval systems.
o Assist in managing the Moon Shot’s Operations email Inbox to ensure incoming emails are responded to in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or GED.
• Specialized training in secretarial skills (such as word processing and business).
• Four years secretarial experience including advanced secretarial duties.
• Work requires knowledge of computers, office equipment, and other administrative tasks.
• Work requires ability to coordinate and work independently on projects.
• Work requires ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and external contacts concerning general policies and procedures.
• Work requires ability to work with confidential information on daily basis.
• Interpersonal and teamwork skills to contribute to objectives of organization.
• Adaptability/flexibility to react positively to changes in work environment.
• Initiative to improve productivity and quality of work.
• Ability to plan and organize work in logical and efficient manner.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.