ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (bcrj2490an)
Administrative | Bowling Green, VA | Full Time
Bowling Green VA
An established and successful Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant located in Bowling Green VA. The position provides an excellent opportunity to enhance and gain valuable work experience. The position offers a competitive salary, PTO, paid holidays, and shift differentials. Come serve those who are under served and join our Team!
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of routine administrative functions and miscellaneous clerical work for the supervisory and immediate staff. Such functions include:
- Types a variety of material in the form of memoranda, letters, briefing materials and reports.
- Receives visitors and telephone calls for the supervisor, referring callers directly to supervisor or screening those which, in the incumbent’s judgment, can be handled by the supervisor’s subordinates or other’s offices, and tactfully refers them as appropriate.
- Attends to many matters and questions including answering substantive questions not requiring research or technical knowledge.
- Maintains supervisor’s calendar and schedules appointments and meetings upon own initiative based upon personal knowledge of supervisor’s workload and current issues of importance, with or without prior clearance.
- Reminds supervisor of appointments and briefs supervisor on the matters to be considered before the scheduled meetings.
- On own initiative, reschedules appointments when it becomes apparent that the supervisor will not be able to meet previous engagements.
- Receives and screens all incoming correspondence and directives to keep aware of the activities of the office. Determines those that can be acted upon personally and takes necessary action.
- High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of secretarial or typing and clerical experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage incoming phone calls/visitors
- Strong professionalism in mannerisms, communication, appearance
- Ability to work at a fast pace and maintain positive attitude.
- Prefers previous front desk experience or experience in healthcare field.
- Ability to work independently and strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel Proficient computer skills in applicable MS Office Programs.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.