Administrative | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time
Office of Developmental Programs
The ODP Program Support Specialist is a human services professional who is responsible for assisting in the implementing, analyzing, coordinating, and monitoring the Office of Developmental Programs' Program Provider Enrollment, Appeals Tracking, and Customer Service programs as described below.
- Initiates and responds to telephone inquiries from providers to clarify and interpret MA and ODP regulations regarding enrollment. Discusses review processes and advises of compliance or non-compliance with standards and legal requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to providers on-site and through phone conferences on enrollment and participant appeal issues.
- Discusses program standards and regulations, participation requirements, and related concerns with providers, ODP Regional Offices and counties, and the general public.
- Responds to provider inquiries and inquiries by others relative to provider status.
- Responds to general enrollment questions by other departmental personnel and providers.
- Provides training and technical assistance to new providers.
- Reviewing and analyzing an appeal request to determine whether it is subject to expedited processing.
- Using existing and to-be-developed databases to track appeals in order to determine whether the appeal has expedited status.
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of case-specific correspondence to counties, recipients, and/or BHA.
- Manage all aspects of ODP's Customer Service program. This includes receiving telephone, email inquiries, and traditional mail inquiries related to all aspects of the ODP service system; conducting intake activities, including documenting the inquirer's name, contact information, and the purpose for the contact; Providing inquirers with requested information and resources; Referring inquirers to the appropriate ODP Regional Office or subject matter expert; Transmitting information received from an inquirer to the appropriate ODP Regional Office or subject matter expert; Documenting and tracking the nature of inquiries received and the manner in which the inquiries were resolved; and preparing quarterly and ad-hoc reports of the above.
- Uses a variety of software, systems, spreadsheets, and databases for data analysis, including but not limited to PROMISe, HCSIS, EPES, DHS Connect, and the Hearings and Appeals Portal.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to complete tasks independently or with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to inquirers' needs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
One year of professional experience developing, implementing or evaluating human services, social services, health care services or health care insurance programs.
Applicants with personal or professional experience supporting people with intellectual or developmental disabilities strongly preferred.
InGenesis provides healthcare management and staffing solutions to government, education and corporate clients and is one of America's fastest-growing independent companies.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.