Accounting Support Specialist - Athens (ou-cg)
Accounting | Athens, OH | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Accounting Support Specialist
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Accounting Support Specialist to provide their expertise in an academic setting. This opportunity is a temporary/contract position.
Our aim is to help you find valuable employment. We focus on placing professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
Supports the organization's accounting functions. Maintains up-to-date and accurate records of daily transactions, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventories, payroll, and various other records. May handle cash and other forms of payment.
- High School degree or GED
- Knowledge of finance and business basic or commonly used procedures
- 1 year of related work experience
- Performs finance and business activities according to established procedures.
- Updates records and systems including both enterprise business systems and general spreadsheets.
- Records and tracks expenses and revenue for department or area.
- Maintains and reconciles data within relevant system.
- Receives, posts, and deposits income to appropriate accounts.
- Coordinates bank runs and requests. Verifies cash from the bank and other departments.
- Calculates payments and reconciles with various cashiering systems.
- Processes invoices, payments, internal billings or transfers.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.