Accounting | Dallas, TX | Full Time
A successful and established Texas-based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Accounting Specialist to provide services at the University of Texas Southwest Medical Center-Dallas TX. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working at a premiere Medical Center focusing on medical education and biomedical research. The position supports a great work/life balance.
Works under general supervision to provide professional and experienced accounting work, which involves establishing and maintaining controls and records of materials and financial transactions.
- Verifies postings in ledgers and journals for accuracy and compliance with prescribed accounting procedures.
- Verifies accuracy of accounting ledgers and resolves discrepancies.
- Compiles data and prepares spreadsheets related to various financial activities.
- Furnishes data for general ledger accounts for correctness of income and/or expenses and for maintenance of adequate balances; reconciles monthly and annual salary reports.
- Assists in development and implementation of new or revised accounting and operational procedures.
- May compile and prepare monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports as required.
- May prepare and/or approve various online expenditures, journal vouchers, etc.
- May provide working supervision to Accounting Clerk and/or Accountant I positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business with minimum twelve (12) hours in accounting, or equivalent, is required
- Two (2) years professional experience in governmental and/or commercial accounting preferred.
- Work requires the ability to exercise considerable judgment in interpretation of policy and application of accounting procedures and practices to work problems.
- Work requires knowledge of spreadsheets and word-processing software.
- Work requires the ability to apply mathematical reasoning to analyze data and identify discrepancies in financial accounts.
- Work requires skill in using ten-key by touch.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.