Accounting Clerk I (3309)
Accounting Clerk | Dallas, TX | Contract
Accounting Clerk I
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Works under close supervision to perform a variety of simple clerical accounting tasks.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Performs routine entry-level bookkeeping and accounting tasks.
• Creates and prepares accounting transactions, cash receipts and other documents affecting transfer/payment of cash funds.
• Assembles, prepares, and posts debits and credits to individual account records, ledgers, subledgers, and journals. Checks and proofs entries. Balances with predetermined totals.
• Makes correcting journal entries.
• Pays purchase order invoices, including matching invoices and purchase orders, receiving reports, and calculating correct amount for payment.
• Prepares expenditure reports; recaps expenditures for salaries, travel, M&O, etc.
• Processes and reconciles travel advance requests in amounts not exceeding estimated expenses; compares final expense vouchers with actual expenses to calculate refunds or additional payments.
• Audits travel expense claims, standard invoices, telephone charges, and other like documents.
• Prepares monthly bills for contracts or telephone service to subledgers and code classes. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Work requires knowledge of bookkeeping principles.
• Work requires ability to utilize ten key by touch.
• Work requires ability to type 30 words per minute.
• Work requires moderate use of independent judgment.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.