ACCOUNTANT III -2286
Accounting | Dallas, TX | Full Time
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Accountant III. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working at a premiere Medical Center focusing on medical education and biomedical research. The position supports a great work/life balance.
Works under general supervision to provide professional and experienced accounting work, which involves establishing and maintaining controls and records of materials and financial transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum six (12) hours college accounting courses and two (5) years professional experience in governmental and/or commercial accounting.
- Work requires ability to exercise considerable judgment in interpretation of policy and application of accounting procedures and practices to work problems
- Work requires knowledge of spreadsheets and word-processing software
- Work requires ability to apply mathematical reasoning to analyze data and identify discrepancies in financial accounts
- Work requires skill in using ten-key by touch
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Maintains internal accounting procedures, clerical operations, and workflow to maximize efficiency.
- Advises management personnel relative to planning and revising budgets to ensure monies are expended correctly and no financial difficulties occur as result of inadequate planning or underestimates of projected expenses.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial reports, schedules for such financial reports and other special reports as required.
- Approves expense vouchers.
- Verifies ledgers for correctness and maintenance of adequate balances and reconciles monthly and annual reports.
- May supervise posting of entries to such ledgers as general, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Examines postings in ledgers and journals for accuracy and compliance with prescribed accounting procedures.
- May determine work priorities for staff of lower level Accountants and/or Accounting Clerks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.