Account Adjuster (SCA2248-an)
Account Management | Dallas, TX | Full Time
A successful and established Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Account Adjuster to provide services in the Dallas TX area. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working at a premiere Medical Center focusing on medical education and biomedical research. The position supports a great work/life balance.
Researches and resolves patient accounts for errors in posting of payments, charge entry, and contractual adjustments. Performs corrections requested by clinical departments, patients or third-party carriers. Resolves all applicable problems with patient accounts.
- Reviews patient accounts for incorrect posting which may include: contacting insurance companies, patients and researching insurance payments to identify and correct posting errors; reviewing credit reports and age reports to identify posting problems; and completing charge reversals.
- Issues refunds to patients and third-party carriers for overpayment or duplicate payment.
- Identifies and resolves credits posted to patient accounts; corrects overpayment.
- Batches all paperwork and balances all batches.
- Transfers payments between invoices and/or accounts.
- Performs other adjustments or corrections to patient accounts as required.
- Posts payments to patient accounts.
- Communicate and dispute refund requests to payers and third-party carriers, via phone call and written correspondence.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma.
- Three (3) years’ experience performing follow-up/collections, payment posting, appeals and managed care contract understanding/interpretation is required.
- At least six months related work experience in a data entry, healthcare and/or insurance environment is preferred.
- Work requires the ability to use standard office machines such as adding machines, computers, calculators, etc.
- Work requires strong analytical skills.
- Work requires strong grammatical, writing, and communication skills.
- Work requires critical thinking to validate and dispute audit findings from payers.
- Work requires the ability to type at least 35 words-per-minute. Extreme accuracy in entering facts or figures and in the operation of office machines.
- Work requires the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work requires skills to communicate well in both oral and written forms.
- Work requires knowledge of basic computer software applications.
- Work requires the ability to perform work of considerable complexity including working independently towards general results, devising new work methods, or meeting new conditions necessitating a high degree of ingenuity, initiative, and judgment.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.