Engineering | Boston, MA | Full Time
InCrowd is on a mission to simplify and automate market research in the life sciences vertical. We lead the pack in rapidly executed, high quality insights by building tools for end users as well as for InCrowd’s internal research team. Our platform is a modern API built in Scala behind a suite of web apps built in Backbone.js and React. Our infrastructure is a mix of AWS and on-premise cloud.
- Member of InCrowd Executive Team, with ultimate responsibility for the company's software application, technical support, and engineering direction
- Manage three teams of engineers:
- Production Support - hot fixes and IT support
- Core - main platform improvements
- New Initiatives - breaking new ground, introducing new technologies
- Maintain and improve agile processes collaboratively with the teams
- Serve as scrum master for one product team
- Be the voice of technical experience for the team
- Report on risk and execution status to the executive team and Board, as needed
- 10-15 years experience in software
- A polyglot background with exposure to JVM languages
- 8+ years progressive management experience
- Strong talent for prioritizing competing demands and justifying the decision
- Experience with market research, business/market intelligence software SaaS applications a plus
- Position reports directly to the CEO
- Based in Boston (Watertown, MA beginning December 1st)
InCrowd is a wonderful place to work, full of smart, pleasant people who work hard when necessary but are also flexible about time when we’re less busy. We’re a group of highly motivated people who value collaboration and innovative thinking. We want to work with talented, ambitious problem solvers who are as excited as we are to develop some seriously cool on-demand research tools.
At InCrowd you’ll have the opportunity to build something truly unique in the healthcare space, work with an outstanding team and contribute to a rapidly growing company. Enjoy summer Fridays (early release from Memorial Day to Labor Day), way more snacks than it’s possible to eat, some of them even healthy, beer and coffee on tap.