Senior Director, Qualitative Research and Strategy
Client Services | Boston, MA | Full Time
InCrowd is seeking a Senior Director of Qualitative Research to lead InCrowd’s qualitative practice and inform the simplification and automation built into InCrowd’s qualitative technology. The Senior Director of Qual will be responsible for setting strategic direction and ensuring quality for all client service driven qual projects while maintaining a desire to innovate and improve traditional research processes.
Our ideal candidate has experience directing qualitative research, conducting interviews, managing clients, team members, and moderators. This person must be passionate about delivering insightful research findings and providing excellent service to clients. Strong communications skills, ability to collaborate with team members, and being responsive in a fast-turn environment are also critical traits.
Working directly with the Head of Research and the Chief Commercial Officer, the successful candidate will play a lead role in developing and further expanding the company’s qualitative research and advisory business within the life sciences. The key to the role will be managing and developing a global team of researchers and analysts to produce the insightful primary market research insights for life sciences brands seeking to bring innovative medicines, medical devices and medical technology to the market globally.
- Ownership of qualitative revenue goals and team P&L
- Lead qualitative strategy and build InCrowd’s profile as a market-leading source of thought leadership in tech enabled qualitative insight delivery to the life sciences
- Partner with business development and technology to identify, pursue, and execute on business opportunities, developing and expanding key client relationships
- Establish challenging team goals; delegate and coordinate effectively; promote innovation and team effort/motivation
- Ensure team is trained on effectively setting the strategic direction of qual projects to ensure insightful outcomes and capable of leading custom full-service qualitative projects from start to finish
- Maintain qualitative pricing standards across the team relative to scope of delivery
- Socialize concepts and use cases (via informal drafting of ‘agile / short-form frameworks’ and account/client-level collaboration with Sales and CS) for when Qual with InCrowd could/should be considered
- 7+ years of experience as a consultant or researcher in life sciences
- 3+ years of experience moderating for life sciences clients
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of industry business trends, best practices, life sciences brand strategies, market research methods, common industry technology capabilities and functionality, as well as competitive industry solutions
- Creative thinker willing to challenge status quo with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions, while deeply understanding and respecting what works today
- Comfort with engaging real-time survey technology and software platforms
- Superior analytical, writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed for client meetings and conferences