Director of Qualitative Research
Client Services | Boston, MA | Full Time
InCrowd is seeking a Director of Qualitative Research to lead all custom qualitative projects and inform the simplification and automation built into InCrowd’s qualitative research technology. This position will be responsible for setting strategic direction and ensuring quality for all client service driven qual projects while maintaining a desire to innovate and improve traditional research processes.
Our ideal candidate has experience directing qualitative research, conducting interviews, managing clients, team members, and moderators. This person must be passionate about delivering insightful research findings and providing excellent service to clients. Strong communications skills, ability to collaborate with team members, and being responsive in a fast-turn environment are also critical traits.
- Lead custom full-service qualitative projects from start to finish
- Set the strategic direction of qual projects to ensure insightful outcomes
- Coordinate with team members, clients, and moderators to execute projects
- Utilize InCrowd technology for automated recruitment and scheduling
- Partner with business development and technology to identify, pursue, and execute on business opportunities
- Develop and expand key client relationship management
- 5+ years of experience as a consultant or researcher in life sciences
- 3+ years of experience moderating for life sciences clients
- Comfort with engaging real-time technology and software platforms
- Strong knowledge of market research best practices and healthcare industry
- Superior analytical, writing, editing, and presentation skills
- The ability to travel as needed for client meetings and conferences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Exceptional problem-solver and influential collaborator that can conceptualize winning strategies, formulate strategic initiatives, and execute under tight timelines
- Strong ability to interface effectively with key stakeholders, strong communication and presentation skills; empathetic and inspirational leader with strong executive presence who is recognized internally and externally as a subject matter expert
- Creative thinker willing to challenge status quo with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions, while deeply understanding and respecting what works today
- Ability to influence, listen to, and partner with a range senior executives with different styles
- Position reports to Sr. Director of Research
- Based in Boston (Watertown, MA beginning January 2018)
InCrowd is a wonderful place to work, full of smart, pleasant people who work hard when necessary but are also flexible about time when we’re less busy. We’re a group of highly motivated people who value collaboration and innovative thinking. We want to work with talented, ambitious problem solvers who are as excited as we are to develop some seriously cool on-demand research tools.
At InCrowd, you’ll have the opportunity to build something truly unique in the healthcare space, work with an outstanding team and contribute to a rapidly growing company. Enjoy summer Fridays (early release from Memorial Day to Labor Day), way more snacks than it’s possible to eat, some of them even healthy, beer and coffee on tap.