Summer 2012 Internship
Engineering | Mountain View, CA
- IMVU is an online 3D world where people connect, chat and have fun with friends
- We have a $40M annualized run rate. In 2009 we achieved profitability and doubled our revenue
- We sell virtual goods. People dress up their avatars and furnish their in-world space using our catalog of 5+ million products.
- Our users create virtually all of our content: 5,000+ new items every day
- Contribute code as part of a small, smart, dynamic, agile team.
- Be a sponge. Soak up and learn as much as possible, as fast as possible
- Take pride in the quality of your work, continuously deploying test-driven code, delighting customers and making a difference every day.
- Voice opinions about the product. We look for people who are superlative at coding and communicating with humans
- A strong foundation in computer science and/or math combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude
- You write code and build things because you love to, not because it’s your job. In fact, you'd rather be building something right now
- Excellence is derived from your talent, not domain experience with specific tools. If you've worked in C++ LAMP or Python that would be nice.
- A personal interest in gaming / social networking / virtual economies - you are paying attention to what's next
- A burning desire to work with other awesome people you can learn from - so you can improve your skillz
- Energetic. Pragmatic. Get things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help and go the extra mile
- Made a significant contribution to a web application
- Built a high-performance, 3D or client/server network application
- Shipped virtual worlds, MMOs or other games
- Hacked the DOM and wrangled consistent multi-browser UIs
- Passionate about designing and delivering compelling user experiences
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review)
How to apply:
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and will ask you about them as part of the interview process
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.