Software Engineering Manager, Android
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
IMVU is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our Android team. The ideal candidate is a hands-on Manager who is excellent at sharing their knowledge, mentoring engineers, and is proficient at software design. Your passion for building scalable, forward-thinking Android applications is supported by a deep understanding of mobile app development and a curiosity for exploring new technologies. You value engineering productivity and application reliability.
You have excellent communications skills to speak in technical terms with Mobile and Backend engineers as well as in non-technical terms with your coworkers in Product, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
The ideal candidate has successfully managed their team to release products to the Google Play Store by practicing agile software development and has used the Google Play Console to monitor ANR and Crash behavior to ensure the rates are as low as possible.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- 4+ years of Android Application development experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including gathering requirements and applying them to a cohesive software design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A firm grasp of fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Applied understanding of resource constraints including battery life, network availability, and other mobile-specific issues.
- Comprehensive understanding of Android user interface design and standards, including Material Design.
- Deep programming experience in Kotlin and Java.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of client-server applications, RESTful APIs and Kotlin Coroutines or RxJava
- Experience with C and C++ development, especially with the Android NDK.
- Experience with other mobile platforms such as iOS or mobile-web development frameworks.
- Experience In App Purchases and Subscriptions
- Experience integrating with Mobile Ad Networks SDKs
- Experience building entertainment applications
IMVU is the largest avatar social platform of over 7 million monthly active users who come together to chat and connect to build authentic human connections. Far beyond today's social media, IMVU users interact in over 40K chatrooms with experiences that are immersive and hyper-personal fostering meaningful friendships that sustain over time.
Based in Silicon Valley, Together Labs (formerly IMVU Inc.) is the parent company to IMVU and a leading technology company dedicated to empowering people to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Together Labs’ products represent the changing landscape of social interaction and redefine human connection. With IMVU, the world's largest avatar social platform and a top-5 grossing app in the App Store, millions of users can customize their characters through a growing catalog of 50 million community created items and explore over 400,000+ destinations to connect to each other. Setting the standard for the use of digital currencies in the metaverse, VCOIN unlocks the full potential of virtual economies and solves the unmet need for easy and secure global peer-to-peer payment. Currently in development, WithMe is a new mobile platform that empowers social connection through shared experiences in virtual spaces.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.