Social Media Marketing Specialist - Intern
Business Operations | Redwood City, CA | Internship
Social Media Marketing Specialist - Intern
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is looking for a talented Social Media & Marketing Specialist to take an active lead on marketing a new product through social media channels, blogs and other marketing tactics.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably good writing skills. We are looking for someone who can not only contribute to the social media & marketing strategy at a high level, but also execute on social media channels, writing and other marketing tactics with a high attention to detail.
You should be able to develop and curate engaging content with a resourceful, and go-get-em attitude to support the launch of a new product and ongoing engagement around the product. For this position, it’s essential to be interested in and up to date with new technologies and marketing trends.
Ultimately, you should be able to expand the product’s digital footprint, awareness and be able to measure your performance back to content. An interest or experience with cryptocurrencies is a plus.
- Accountable for leading daily social media and marketing initiatives
- Collaborates across community, product marketing, and product functions to deliver an effective strategy and editorial plan to meet the social media marketing growth objectives
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Ability to curate content based on a keen awareness of universal trends, especially those that speak to our audience
- Strong creative writing skills with a basic understanding of SEO, content categorization, and engagement to meet the business objective of the IMVU blog
- Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Maintain a sense of resourcefulness to develop and share content on a regular basis
- Channel management of digital content hubs and supporting social channels including email and blog. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis. A deep understanding of the marketing funnel and user lifecycle must drive optimization decisions
- Management of all creative projects, pertaining to social, leveraging in-house designers and video producers as resources
- Integration of content programs with product marketing and brand campaigns to drive brand to new user growth, acquisition, and feature adoption
- Data reporting and presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Good writing Skills
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Experience with social channels (e.g., Facebook, Discord, Medium, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Snapchat)
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement and growth
- Interest or experience with digital currencies or crypto currencies a plus
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over Five million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.