Internal Application: Senior QA Engineer, Mobile
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Senior QA Engineer - Mobile
Redwood City, CA
- Come up with ideas and solutions for testing Mobile Products while understanding customer use cases.
- Work independently and directly with the developers while still being a team player.
- Conduct Ad Hoc black box and regression tests.
- Write and follow, clear, concise test plans and test cases.
- Work with remote QA team members and if need be support testing on multiple projects.
- Excel in a JIRA and an agile development process.
- Triage bugs and set base priority and severity.
- Ability to change course and adapt to IMVU’s changing needs quickly and come up with testing strategies.
- 5+ years of QA experience
- Experience testing iOS is a must
- A solid understanding of mobile-specific functionality and behaviors, such as gestures, device rotation, backgrounding, loss of network connections, as well as platform specific UI elements.
- Strong analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- The ability to write good bugs, complete with reproducible steps, and probability of errors occurring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with development engineering and other functions.
- Experience testing with multiple mobile platforms is a plus.
- Experience testing RESTful services with tools such as Postman a plus.
- Experience with test automation a plus.
- Experience with TestRail a plus.
- Ability to lead and coordinate the testing efforts with outsourced QA.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Our Engineers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We’ll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we’re doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.