Senior Product Manager (Social)
EGO | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Senior Product Manager (Social)
Redwood City, CA
- Help create a new social product based on learnings from our existing core product.
- Internalize customer needs and use that knowledge to develop fun and delightful experiences.
- Lead cross-functional teams to launch features and functionality.
- Ruthlessly prioritize a product backlog that balances user, business, and technical needs.
- Maximize your impact and know how to define, track, and report on that impact
- Live the excitement of IMVU’s fast-changing industry (including virtual goods and online social experiences) and unlock points of competitive differentiation.
- 4+ years of online product management experience in profitable, high-traffic consumer Internet services, game companies, or fast-growing internet startups.
- Previous experience with mobile, 3D and social games a must.
- Expert in how online social connections form and can be strengthened
- Direct experience owning product development within an agile/scrum development process.
- Results-oriented ability to get things done in a fluid start-up environment with limited resources.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Ability to move fluidly between high-level strategic thinking and take-charge management of day-to-day details
- A positive, no-drama-or-politics, get-things-done working style.
- Extremely strong written & verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS required, MBA and/or engineering/CS degrees a plus.
IMVU is a global 3D avatar-based social community of users who come together to play, interact, and make friends. Far beyond traditional social media, IMVU users customize an avatar representing themselves to express and interact with other avatars creating a greater sense of social presence – the feeling of being with someone else as if you’re physically there.
Today, over 4 million IMVU users every month enjoy the freedom to live the life they create through highly-stylized avatars, interacting with friends in immersive chat rooms, shopping for new looks, and sharing their experiences. IMVU is an expressive and collaborative world which includes over 50,000 creators making real money using design tools to create looks and rooms to sell in the IMVU Store.
To continue our success, we are building an even better way for friends to spend time together, in 3D, first on mobile and later in VR. The new platform will support advanced real-time play and interaction of all kinds, and a marketplace for creators (UGC) of realistic virtual goods, spaces, games and social experiences. It’s the most ambitious technical stack for a 3D virtual world ever conceived for Mobile, enabled by the latest advances in consumer mobile devices. Come help us build the future of Social.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.