Senior Product Designer
Product | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Senior Product Designer
As a Sr. Product Designer you will be responsible for the visual design of multiple applications and will be instrumental in driving design strategy and look and feel for IMVU’s next-generation social applications. Working closely with product management teams and development teams, you will turn product requirements and user research into creative, user-centric designs.
- Reporting to the Creative Director, you will work closely with design team on the visual design of mobile products (Android) and websites
- Creating screen layouts, color palettes, typography, UI elements, and icons.
- Creating production-ready pixel perfect graphic assets/comps.
- Provide clear strategic solutions, guidelines and design direction.
- Present concepts and designs to product managers and team members.
- Outstanding online portfolio referencing work on the Android platform.
- 5+ years experience working as a visual designer or graphic/web designer.
- A strong eye for usability, typography, layout, and UI design.
- Experience with UX design principles and processes.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch.
- Experience successfully leading visual design within interdisciplinary project teams.
- Strong familiarity with modern Social Networks and Mobile Applications.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Passionate about design, a positive attitude, and the ability to remain highly creative within an agile development process.
- Experience managing the design of complex, feature rich applications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive science, graphic design or related field
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.