Business Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Redwood City, CA
The Senior Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager, is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting as well as developing and maintaining appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and good internal controls. The successful candidate will have solid GAAP knowledge, be strategic and hands-on, have good communication skills, and will manage a small team within the accounting organization. Strong collaboration, strategic thinking, interpersonal and communication skills are required. This position will play an important strategic role in our fast-paced, rapidly expanding company.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Develop and implement procedures and processes to better enable an efficient, accurate and timely month end close
- Ensure proper accounting for technical accounting areas such as stock-based compensation, leases, debt, revenue recognition under ASC606, under GAAP
- Partner effectively and proactively with Human Resources, Legal, Tax, Payroll and Accounting to anticipate, implement and/or address equity compensation initiatives/matters
- Assist with the forecasting process and develop the annual operating plan and interim period forecasts
- Review monthly account reconciliations
- Assist in the documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assist in annual preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules for annual audit
- Handle transactional entries, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Support Accounting Manager with ad hoc requests
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record; CPA preferred
- 5+ years in accounting experience, public accounting background preferred (minimum of 3 years)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with different personalities and departments, including at the VP level, across the company
- Strong analytical skills and a detail orientated personality
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and multi-task and a team player
- Good knowledge of accounting systems, Netsuite preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over Five million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.