Game UI Engineer
EGO | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Game UI Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is rapidly expanding its development team and is seeking a mobile app/game UI Engineer for an exciting upcoming project. We are building a fully-featured app using Unreal for both iOS and Android.
- Appreciate UX design, especially for its unique challenges on mobile
- Understand building mobile apps with game engines, especially Unreal
- Want to work with a passionate team, where we all learn and grow
Then join us and
- Be a part of building IMVU’s next generation product
- Tackle difficult challenges, from architecture to implementation
- Work in an exciting environment with a dedicated team
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience building mobile apps on top of a game engine
- Two or more years of C++ and mobile experience
- Experience working with source control tools, such as Git or Perforce
IMVU is a global 3D avatar-based social community of users who come together to play, interact, and make friends. Far beyond traditional social media, IMVU users customize an avatar representing themselves to express and interact with other avatars creating a greater sense of social presence – the feeling of being with someone else as if you’re physically there.
Today, over 8 million IMVU users every month enjoy the freedom to live the life they create through highly-stylized avatars, interacting with friends in immersive chat rooms, shopping for new looks, and sharing their experiences. IMVU is an expressive and collaborative world which includes over 50,000 creators making real money using design tools to create looks and rooms to sell in the IMVU Store.
To continue our success, we are building an even better way for friends to spend time together, in 3D, first on mobile and later in VR. The new platform will support advanced real-time play and interaction of all kinds, and a marketplace for creators (UGC) of realistic virtual goods, spaces, games and social experiences. It’s the most ambitious technical stack for a 3D virtual world ever conceived for Mobile, enabled by the latest advances in consumer mobile devices. Come help us build the future of Social.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.