Fraud and Risk Associate
Business Operations | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
- IMVU is an online 3D world where people connect, chat and have fun with friends
- We have a $50M annualized run rate. In 2009 we achieved profitability and doubled our revenue
- We sell virtual goods. People dress up their avatars, have fun, play games and furnish their in-world space using our catalog of 10+ million products
- Our users create virtually all of our content: 5,000+ new items every day
- Proactively research and review customer accounts for fraud and risky activity.
- Resolve issues related to billing via email and an online help ticket system.
- Analyze customer account history and trends to take appropriate action on accounts and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Gather information via fax, email, mail, and phone relating to customer disputes.
- Work together with Finance, Engineering, and Marketing to ensure product and service excellence.
- Interact with law enforcement agencies in fraud investigations.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree
- Able to meet stringent deadlines and work in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent problem solving ability, verbal and written communication skills, customer service experience and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex systems, websites, the internet, and databases.
- Excellent typing skills and experience with MS office products such as Word and particularly Excel. Skills include the ability to create, analyze, and work intricately with spreadsheets.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to discern potential risk to the company and take immediate action by escalating situation to supervisor.
- Experience efficiently prioritizing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Analytical and investigative mindset to follow complex transactions.
- Previous experience working in Fraud or risk management a plus.
- Flexibility to work either nights and weekends a big plus
How to apply:
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.