Business Operations | San Jose, CA | Full Time
San Jose, CA
Are you passionate about creating scalable fraud-prevention and risk processes? Are you excited about building world-class anti-fraud practices? We are! Join us on our journey and get an opportunity to play an important role in shaping the future of IMVU’s Fraud & Risk team as we enhance our systems with the latest best-practices!
- Identify trends and patterns in customer transactions to make recommendations for action by analyzing reports received from internal and external sources.
- Analyze data and identify areas of business opportunity and recommend changes to processes and fraud detection rules where needed.
- Conduct investigations of fraud patterns and issues by analyzing data from various sources for account behavior.
- Resolve multiple payment issues via various communication work flows.
- Analyze customer account history and trends to take appropriate action on accounts and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Investigate and represent chargeback disputes through numerous payment processors.
- Work in partnership with Customer Service, Finance, Engineering, and Marketing to ensure product and service excellence.
- Interact with law enforcement agencies in fraud investigations.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Have at least 2 year’s recent experience as a transactional fraud analyst.
- Analytical and investigative mindset to follow complex transactions.
- Knowledgeable in the Mobile, SMS, and traditional payment methods space.
- Excellent problem solving ability, verbal and written communication skills, customer service experience and attention to detail.
- Excellent typing skills and experience with Google Suite and MS Office products such as Word and particularly Excel. Skills include the ability to create, analyze, and work intricately with spreadsheets.
- Ability to understand complex systems, websites, the internet, and databases.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Able to discern potential risk to the company and take immediate action by escalating situation to supervisor.
- Experience efficiently prioritizing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Able to meet stringent deadlines and work in a high-volume environment.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.