Director of Product
Product | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Director of Product
Redwood City, CA
The Director of Product for Creator Tools is responsible for leading a cross-functional team of Designers and Engineers to design, specify and build tools that support and expand our Creator community. They are responsible for the tool pipelines that allow hundreds of thousands of people to create, submit & edit CG content and experiences in our existing products as well as newly developing product lines.
Creativity, critical thinking, technical acumen and a strong desire to positively influence the next generation of content creators are requirements for this role.
- Analyze existing tools and assess Creator requirements by segment.
- Lead cross-functional teams to launch and continuously improve Creator tools.
- Develop understanding and positively influence IMVU virtual currency economy.
- Ruthlessly prioritize a product backlog that balances user, business, and technical needs. You’re good at providing focus to get us all where we need to go.
- Define, track, and report on key business and product success metrics. You like to know how you’re doing.
- Formulate business cases for new products, create innovative ways to monetize IMVU user activity, and help craft a compelling long-term vision for IMVU’s products. You don’t just take orders.
- 5+ years of online product management experience in profitable, high-traffic consumer Internet services, game companies, or fast-growing internet startups.
- Thorough understanding of the 3D production pipeline as executed in environments like games studios and cinema.
- Direct experience owning product development within an agile/scrum development process.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and a relentless attention to operating and usage metrics to identify opportunities for product optimization and business growth.
- Ability to move fluidly between high-level strategic thinking and take-charge management of day-to-day details; Equally comfortable with seeing the “big picture” and meticulously thinking through every interaction requirement of online development projects.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience with online communities, social networking, entertainment/media, virtual goods/worlds, social/casual gaming, mobile gaming, and/or online subscription products is a plus.
- BA/BS required, MBA and/or engineering/CS degrees a plus.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.