Internal Application: Content Marketing Manager
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Content Marketing Manager
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is looking for a talented Content Marketing Manager to take full responsibility of our outbound marketing strategies including social media, blogs and lead generation.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably with a writing background and a keen eye for sophisticated art, design, diversity, and creativity. We are looking for someone who can not only create the content marketing strategy at a high level, but also execute on all social media channels with a high attention to detail. You should be able to develop and curate engaging content with a resourceful, and go-get-em attitude to attract and retain customers. For this position, it’s essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends, as well as pop culture, news and editorial trends on a global scale.
Ultimately, you should be able to expand our company’s digital footprint and brand awareness and be able to measure your performance back to content.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, new registration, app installs, engagement, and user retention
- Collaborates across community, social media, and product functions to deliver an effective strategy and editorial plan to meet the content marketing objectives
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed
- Ability to curate content based on a keen awareness of universal trends, especially those that speak to our core audience
- Strong creative writing skills with a basic understanding of SEO, content categorization, and engagement to meet the business objective of the IMVU blog
- Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Ability to maintain a sense of resourcefulness to obtain content at the lowest possible cost - both financial and human resource
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email and blog. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
- Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis. A deep understanding of the marketing funnel and user lifecycle must drive optimization decisions
- Management of all creative resources including designers and video producers
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to new user growth and acquisition
- Data reporting and presentations on the program approaches and results will be required
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Video concepting and scriptwriting experience desired, but not required
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Experience with Google analytics, AppsFlyer and the top social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Snapchat)
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement and growth
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.