Community Growth Manager
Marketing | Redwood City, CA | Contract
Community Growth Manager
Redwood City, CA
As a social network, IMVU is looking for a talented Community Manager to take full responsibility of growing both our consumer and creator community.
Our ideal candidate is a marketing and community-growth professional who has worked with different types of user-communities to both evangelize engagement as well as expansion. The person we seek may not have specific experience in the gaming or content creator space, but fully knows the value and power of a loyal community and how to gather their focus through providing key information and incentive to spur that growth.
Ultimately, you should be able to have an understanding of our existing community and see the opportunities to expand by developing key content and engagement programs that you will drive.
- Set and implement community communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content that targets our consumer or creator audience segments for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness for both consumers and creators
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Develop community programs specific to growing both consumer interest as well as increases in creator accounts
- Build an insights program that can be used to incentivize creators
- Develop, launch, and manage an ongoing “modeling agency” program to encourage consumers to stylize their avatars and get involved in promotion campaigns for fame and credits
- Proven work experience as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret Web site traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- BA degree in Marketing or relevant field
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.