Internal Application: 2020 Software Engineering Internship
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Internship
2020 Software Engineering Internship
Redwood City, CA
So, what will you do?
- Contribute code as part of a small, smart, dynamic, agile team.
- Be a sponge. Soak up and learn as much as possible, as fast as possible
- Take pride in the quality of your work, continuously deploying test-driven code, delighting customers and making a difference every day.
- Voice opinions about the product. We look for people who are superlative at coding and communicating with humans
- A strong foundation in computer science and/or math combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude
- You write code and build things because you love to, not because it’s your job. In fact, you'd rather be building something right now
- Excellence is derived from your talent, not domain experience with specific tools. If you've worked in C++, LAMP or Python that would be nice.
- A personal interest in gaming / social networking / virtual economies - you are paying attention to what's next
- A burning desire to work with other awesome people you can learn from - so you can improve your skills
- Energetic. Pragmatic. Get things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help and go the extra mile
- Made a significant contribution to a web application
- Built a high-performance, 3D or client/server network application
- Shipped virtual worlds, MMOs or other games
- Hacked the DOM and wrangled consistent multi-browser UIs
- Passionate about designing and delivering compelling user experiences
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review)
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over Five million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Our Engineers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We’ll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we’re doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.