Software Engineer (SDK)
Engineering – Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We're looking for a polyglot programmer with a passion for open-source software development. Your responsibility would be to manage and maintain imgix’s publicly available SDK — comprised of client libraries in a variety of languages and other helpful tools. The individual components of the SDK span a wide variety of languages and frameworks, providing an easy way for customers to integrate imgix into their own services and applications. By iterating and improving the imgix SDK offering, you'll have an opportunity to make an immediate and tangible contribution to a product that powers the processing and delivery of image content for some of the Internet's largest sites and most popular apps.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain our portfolio of client libraries and integration tools, comprising the imgix SDK
- Work with developers using these libraries to identify, prioritize and implement feature improvements
- Create and implement stronger development processes across all of the constituent parts of the imgix SDK
- Monitor industry trends and help determine when new libraries or tools would be of benefit to imgix’s customer base
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role focused on building or maintaining an SDK (ideally external customer facing)
- Substantial expertise in some of the languages used by projects listed at https://docs.imgix.com/developer-tools
- Of particular interest:
- Of particular interest:
- Excitement to learn new languages and frameworks, and a particular focus on adopting language specific idiomatic design patterns, test methods and package deployment processes
- Experience with open source project participation and a desire to build healthy communities around imgix’s open source offerings
- Familiarity with best practices for managing release-driven, widely-distributed software libraries
imgix is located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain and a really good sandwich place. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.
If you'd like to help us build the future of visual media on the Internet, submit your resume / CV and cover letter for consideration. Principals only please. We look forward to hearing from you!