Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
Engineering – Infrastructure | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We are looking for engineers to join our talented and growing team who have experience building, maintaining and iterating on scalable, distributed network services. As an individual contributor on the team, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on our technical stack. Your work will have an immediate and tangible impact on a product that powers the processing and delivery of image content for some of the Internet's largest sites and most popular apps.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and maintain high-performance Unix services that intelligently and dynamically cache & route work
- Evolve these services to support the next phase of imgix's growth
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- The role may be tailored to a range of seniority levels, but you should already have some solid work experience under your belt
- Experience writing async applications targeted to a high performance environment
- Familiarity with technologies like: go, Gevent, Twisted or nginx custom scripting
- Familiarity with Lua(jit), C, and Consul (welcome, but optional)
- Tons of experience deploying, monitoring, profiling, and iterating on the services you create and maintain
- Good understanding of network programming
- Strong Unix systems fundamentals
- Some scripting experience, such as bash or Python
- Strong feelings about correctness and testing -- it's not done until it's tested!
- Finely honed instincts about when to rewrite vs iterate, and when to build vs buy
imgix is located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain and a really good sandwich place. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.
If you'd like to help us build the future of visual media on the Internet, submit your resume / CV and cover letter for consideration. Principals only please. We look forward to hearing from you!