Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering – Infrastructure | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
imgix is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. In this role, you will work closely with other members of the team to build and operate the highly available and performant infrastructure that powers image delivery for some of the largest sites on the Internet.
The Infrastructure team is involved in building and operating the core rendering service and encouraging operational best practices throughout the entire engineering organization.
We interact with a variety of tools and services on a day-to-day basis including and are looking for people who are excited about learning about operating these things at scale.
- High-performance caching services built on top of Varnish
- Monitoring and data visualization tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, BigQuery.
- Automation tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, and shell scripts.
- HAProxy, nginx, and a variety of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Load Balancers.
- Google Kubernetes Engine along with a wide variety of other GCP services.
- In-house tools developed in Python, Golang, and LUA.
We use these tools and services to
- Build and operate highly reliable and performant distributed systems at scale.
- Observe and measure the imgix infrastructure for performance and reliability.
- Contribute expertise towards architectural planning and ensure the company builds sustainable services that meet our customer expectations while leveraging appropriate tools and frameworks.
- Foster and promote operational awareness throughout the larger engineering organization.
- Ongoing participation in the review and testing process for our production services.
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly dynamic and real time imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
For the time being, imgix is currently operating 100% remotely given concerns with COVID-19. This role will be remote, with the possibility of being based in our San Francisco office when it is appropriate and our office can safely reopen. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous, vacation time is flexible, and salaries are in line with industry averages.