Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We're looking for a Sales Engineer to use technical ability and knowledge of our products to help our sales team close deals. You will be an active participant in our sales conversations, working with prospective customers to showcase how our solutions can benefit them. Often, this will involve using internal tools to provide customized examples of imgix working with their existing images. Your work will have an immediate and tangible impact on a product that powers the processing and delivery of image content for some of the Internet's largest sites and most popular apps.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform basic reconnaissance on prospective customers to determine their use case for imgix, their performance measurements, and current technical solution
- Serve as the technical expert in all aspects of the client lifecycle, from initial exploratory discussions through technical implementation
- Work with the sales team to create tailored collateral for initial sales pitches, using either our internal tools or custom code
- Be involved in prospective customer conversations to answer any technical questions that might arise
- Gather information about customer traffic expectations and use that information to help sales determine pricing model and competitive pricing
- Help new customers get fully integrated and ramped into the imgix service
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of work experience with 1-2 years experience in front-end engineering or sales engineering
- History of working with SaaS businesses preferred
- Strong web debugging and instrumentation skills (i.e. HAR file analysis)
- Good problem solving skills, easily adaptable to new situations and eager to learn and to contribute
- Comfortable presenting/communicating in front of customers
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Experience with RFP responses and technical proposal preparation
imgix is located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain and a really good sandwich place. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.
If you'd like to help us build the future of visual media on the Internet, submit your resume / CV and cover letter for consideration. Principals only please. We look forward to hearing from you!