Python Software Engineer - API
Engineering – General | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At imgix, we are working to raise the intrinsic value of every image on the Internet. To accomplish this, we are building the world's largest distributed image processing pipeline. The tools we are building will make images on the Internet more beautiful, more performant, more valuable, and safer. As part of that mission, we are looking for a talented engineer to help work on our Python-based account management API service.
What you will be working on:
- Build, maintain, test and deploy our account management API service.
- Translate business logic requirements into clean, maintainable code.
- Work with our web development team to deliver API endpoints that power our customer and administrative dashboards.
- Work with our infrastructure team to deliver API-compatible tools that are used to orchestrate different elements of our stack.
- Optimize existing code paths and database queries.
The kind of person we are looking for:
- Interested in developing, owning and delivering maintainable code.
- Enjoy writing code that concisely and accurately models complex business logic.
- Constantly seeking to improve the codebase through pragmatic code and tests.
- Adept at refactoring code cleanly.
- Collaborative in nature, you enjoy working with peers to architect solutions.
- Have a healthy appreciation for good unit, integration and functional testing.
The technologies you would be working with day to day:
- The HTTP request/response model, especially with regards to REST-based APIs.
- Python (2.7); familiarity with Tornado, Cerberus and pymongo is a plus.
- MongoDB, or similar NoSQL databases.
- A general awareness of JSON specifications such as JSON API and JSON RPC.
- Exposure to Docker and Docker-compatible deployment environments is a plus.
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
Imgix is located in downtown San Francisco, pretty close to BART, Caltrain and a really good sandwich place. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything (reasonably) necessary to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus and maybe even a laptop.
If you would like to help us build the future of image serving on the Internet, submit your resume/CV for consideration. Principals only please. We look forward to hearing from you!