Developer Relations Engineer
Engineering – Product | Multiple US locations | Full Time
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top-tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
imgix is looking for a programming generalist with a passion for building software used by other developers. You will be joining the team responsible for managing and iterating on imgix’s publicly available SDK (https://docs.imgix.com/libraries) — comprised of open source client libraries and other helpful tools. The individual components of the SDK span a wide variety of programming languages and frameworks, providing an easy way for customers to integrate imgix into their own services and applications.
By iterating and improving the imgix SDK offering, you'll have an opportunity to make an immediate and tangible contribution to a product that powers the processing and delivery of image content for some of the Internet's largest sites and most popular apps.
What you'll be doing:
- Grow and improve our portfolio of client libraries and integration tools, comprising the imgix SDK
- Work with the internal engineering team to identify, prioritize, and implement feature improvements
- Help cultivate a growing developer community that is excited to use imgix and the SDK across a variety of industries
- Pioneer higher standards for how developers construct, and interact with, images on the web
- Monitor trends in the developer ecosystem to determine when new libraries or tools would be of benefit to imgix’s customer base
What we're looking for:
- Prior engineering experience building tools used by other developers
- Comfortable with some of the languages used by projects listed at https://docs.imgix.com/libraries
- Of particular interest:
- Of particular interest:
- Excitement to learn new languages and frameworks, and a particular focus on adopting language specific idiomatic design patterns, test methods, and package deployment processes
- Empathy for developer experience, and an interest in building tools that optimize for it
- Desire to build healthy communities around imgix’s open source offerings
imgix is located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain and a really good sandwich place. Because of COVID, we are working remotely and will be remote-friendly going forward even after we can return to the office. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible, and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus, and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.