Content Strategist (Technical Writer)
Product – Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The imgix technical writing team's mission is to oversee and develop the technical and product marketing content on imgix's websites, write and edit documentation, and maintain our external communications. Our content is oriented toward developers, so we are looking for a writer who can both document the API at the root of our service and explain it via tutorials, blog posts, and other communications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in writing both documentation and instructional content, preferably for SaaS/technology-related companies. Familiarity with the imgix service, image manipulation software like Photoshop, and CDN distribution is helpful conceptually.
About The Role:
- Write content that conveys our highly technical products appropriately to our target customers in a consistent and appropriate voice, for both documentation and product marketing
- Copyedit technical articles written by our engineering and design staff
- Help maintain and expand support knowledge base
- Ensure that the most accurate and up-to-date messaging and material is always available for our customers across our online presence
- Excellent writing and English grammar skills
- Strong editorial eye and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate internally to colleagues and externally to clients
- Accustomed to writing on deadline and able to multitask on several projects simultaneously
- Comfort with HTML/CSS and developer-oriented workflows (Markdown, Git, Jekyll) is a plus
- Previous experience working in and/or around the tech industry
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We are located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain and a really good sandwich place. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.
If you'd like to help us build the future of visual media on the Internet, submit your resume / CV and cover letter for consideration. Principals only please. We look forward to hearing from you!