Account Manager - Japan
Sales | Japan | Full Time
imgix is building the future of serving visual media on the Internet. We operate the premier solution for delivering impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of a top tier image delivery & management platform tightly coupled with our proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. The design flexibility and engineering quality that imgix provides allows our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and build awesome things.
We're looking for an Account Manager to be remotely located in Japan to take over the relationship of a customers after they have been sold by an Account Executive. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing your assigned accounts. The assigned accounts will not only include our growing list of Japan based customers, but also customers located in the region including Taiwan, Singapore, India, & the Middle East. Some great customers you will be working with will include Nikkei, Ikyu, Bloomberg Asharq News, Aditya Birla Group, Mixi, Kurashicom, Pixta, and more! As an Account Manager, you will be expected to manage communication, make technical recommendations, and identify ways to expand imgix. This is not purely a “renewals” role; you are not only expected to grow revenue but you need to have meaningful technical conversations that will provide value to our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage all post-sales operations which will require building relationships with customers, working closely with our sales engineers, support team, and finance team.
- Provide in-depth account reviews to customers about how they currently use imgix, can improve with imgix, and communicate future product expansion
- Retain and Upsell customer contracts for accounts that you are assigned. You are the ultimate owner of a customer relationship and are responsible for ensuring imgix meets their business’s needs
- Act as an advocate for your customers at imgix; coordinate with internal partners regarding issues/needs from your customers
- Track account and opportunity developments in CRM system (SFDC)
- Travel for client meetings (10%)
What we're looking for:
- 2-3 years experience in Sales as an Account Manager, CSM, or Sales Engineer
- Experience working with SaaS and B2B businesses
- Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese
- Experience with CRM systems (we use Salesforce) and Google tools (docs, sheets, slides)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience making presentations to engineers and decision makers at enterprise level companies
- Experience with images, CDNs, DAMs, and website performance not required, but strongly encouraged
- Experience with Codepen and HTML a plus
- Open to light travel for client meetings, conferences, etc.
imgix's headquarters is located in San Francisco, but this role would be a remote role located in Japan. This would be a contracted role for 2 years initially, to be renewed after that. This role would include both a salary and commission based on Renewals & Upsells (about a 70/30% split). We provide employees with anything (reasonably) necessary to be effective in their work: for example, funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus and a laptop.
If you'd like to help us build the future of image serving on the Internet, submit your resume / CV and cover letter for consideration. Principals only please. We look forward to hearing from you!