Health and Safety Specialist
Human Resources | Brampton, ON, Canada
IKO Industries Ltd. is a progressive global leader in manufacturing of roofing products with expanding and new production facilities worldwide. We currently have an opening for a Corporate Health & Safety Specialist based in Brampton, Ontario.
We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, a progressive and challenging workplace, a commitment to teamwork, integrity, and continuous improvement, to drive our business to world class results.
You can learn more about our growing worldwide company at: www.iko.com
- Perform a thorough Health and Safety audit at all North American industrial sites, administration departments and distribution centres and focus on continuous improvement and ensuring compliance (multi-jurisdictional legislation)
- Follow up with local coordinators regarding audit action plans, serious accident investigations, quarterly accident frequency and severity rates,
- Lead investigations to ensure root cause is identified in all investigations and appropriate and effective corrective actions are implemented on a timely basis to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Provide guidance and coaching to assist sites to continually improve injury statistics to reach a goal of zero injury
- Lead the implementation of Behaviour Based Safety programs and systems at manufacturing sites.
- Develop, communicate and maintain corporate OHS standards, policies, rules, procedures and programs
- Provide technical health & safety advice on a variety of plant issues including but not limited to machine guarding, lockout tag out, hot work, confined space, fall protection, PPE, cranes and lifting devices, forklifts, industrial hygiene, noise, contractor management, fire protection, first aid, emergency response, and WHMIS
- Monitor and communicate legislative changes
- Working knowledge of provincial occupational health and safety legislation (Ontario, B.C. and Alberta), U.S. OSHA standards, workers compensation legislation, Fire Code and CSA standards.
- Works well independently
- Must be able and willing to travel within North America (Approximately 60% of the work is out of the office, with regular travel outside Ontario).
- Organized, above average time management skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in the English language, preferably with Train the Trainer experience.
- Must have strong conflict and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in compliance and process auditing.
- Experience in Health and Safety policy and procedure development.
- A post-secondary degree in Engineering (preferably in Chemical or Mechanical) or a post-secondary diploma in a field related to Health and Safety
- 5 years or more of work experience in Health and Safety in a continuous manufacturing environment
- CRSP or working toward CRSP designation
- JHSC Certification Training part one and two
- OSHA 10 hour General Industry Training
Please apply in confidence outlining your qualifications, experience, and salary expectations to:
(While we thank all applicants for their interest only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agency inquiries will be accepted).