Electrical Engineering Technologist
Engineering | Brampton, ON, Canada
IKO Industries Ltd. is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of commercial and residential roofing products. Founded in Calgary, Alberta, in 1951, the family owned business has grown to include 50 manufacturing plants and distribution centers and employs 3,000 worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our team of skilled professionals based out of our Brampton, ON location.
Reporting to the Manager Corporate Electrical Engineering, the Electrical Engineering Technologist will provide complete electrical assistance including troubleshooting, project engineering and project management to all plants within Canada, the United States, and possibly Europe.
Design, testing, commissioning, start-up, reconditioning, and predictive maintenance of protection and control systems.
Engineering new technologies into existing equipment configurations
- Act as a Corporate Resource for automation systems development and implementation
- Work with different Plants to overcome production problems and improve safety systems.
Minimum 5 years of experience in the following
- Design, supervisory, project and manufacturing experience in industrial applications
- PLC and HMI systems design, Programming, Commissioning and Start Up including: PLC system hardware selection, I/O panels and subsystems layout and wiring
- Extensive experience with various PLC and HMI applications (including RSlinx,RSlogix5,500,5000, RSView & PanelBuilder32 software)
- Experience with various motion controllers, servo systems (digital&analog) and AC/DC drives
- Experienced with various PLC networks, Industrial Networking, Control & Distribution Panels, Switchgears, MCC and Measuring & Control (Instrumentation)
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving, research and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with hydraulic and pneumatic machinery a plus.
- Frequent travel required within Canada, the U.S. and possibly Europe.
IKO recognizes that its tremendous success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee’s sense of accomplishment and contribution, so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry; and we are pleased to offer competitive compensation, a progressive and challenging workplace, and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Please apply in confidence outlining your qualifications, experience and salary expectations.