Job Openings | Colorado Springs, CO | Full Time
IERUS specializes in a variety of electromagnetic spectrum technology research, testing, and implementation. IERUS supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software, firmware, and hardware development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
This position would be for a Systems Engineer or Software Engineer with subject matter expertise on Missile Defense Agency (MDA) radars for the Systems Architecture, Design and Integration Directorate (SADID). The Systems Engineer will work with a team of engineers and analysts on the system architecting, development, test and integration of a suite of MDA sensor models (e.g. AN/TPY-2, SBX, Cobra Dane, and UEWR) used for element and system level analysis and verification and validation. The Engineer will lead system architecting of current state of sensor models and develop roadmap to improve tactical representation and alignment of software representations of real radars. This involves in-depth understanding of the MDA Radars and the dependencies of various features during implementation. The Engineer will become an expert in sensor software configuration and setup, and may support remote installation of the models as well as support related test issues (some travel may be required). Other duties may include verification strategies for measuring the accuracy of M&S to MDA radars.
5+ years of experience in system/software engineering Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following radar systems (AN/TPY-2, SBX, Cobra Dane, UEWR)
- Familiarity with distributed computing systems and/or real-time computing/messaging systems.
- Knowledge of system/software development life cycles and agile development practices.
- Experience developing System Engineering artifacts such as architectural roadmaps
- Familiarity with UNIX, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work at a government facility within a multi-contractor team environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with the OSM M&S Familiarity with Matlab, MySQL, and SharePoint, or related applications.
- Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail. Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
- Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic discrete event simulation platform
- Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service.
- Ability to configure, modify, and use plug-ins Agile Development Tools such as Jira/Gitlab
- Missile defense domain knowledge
- Familiarity with the Objective Simulation Framework (OSF) and Modeling and Simulation Web Services (MWS).
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related technical discipline.
- Must be a US citizen
Colorado Springs, CO/Huntsville, AL/Various Locations in the US
As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all new hires will need to be full vaccinated by January 4th, 2022 or by their start date if it is after January 4th, 2022.
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.