Radar Test Engineer
Job Openings | Huntsville, AL | Part Time
Radar Test Engineer Position
The Radar Test Engineer position is a full-time position. The individual will support Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Integrated Ground Tests (GTIs), Distributed Ground Tests (GTDs), and Flight Test (FT) events.
- Support the installation and checkout of radar mission data and test scenarios.
- Perform analysis of radar systems using simulation software, comparing simulation results against test case design descriptions and test objectives.
- Document and communicate simulation software anomalies/errors.
- Participate in CONOPs, Radar Operator Procedure Development, and Lessons Learned reviews and documentation.
- Generate Quick-Look reports, perform data reductions, and communicate post-test product readiness to analysts and mission leads.
- Operate and sustain the radar representations in the formal BMDS ground test laboratories.
- Interface with the Test Execution Controller (TEC) or Mission Manager during test events.
- Conduct pre-test and post-test meetings to communicate status and review test scenario results and/ or issues.
- Coordinate with customer regarding asset or team availability to participate in test.
- Present status reports to the Mission Manager and/or Mission Lead.
Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Engineering, Math or Science is required.
- At least 5 years of test experience required, preferably with DoD systems.
- Knowledge of radar principles including detection, tracking, discrimination and resource management is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the BMDS supporting sensors and weapon systems is preferred.
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems is required.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or other scripting languages is preferred.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and coordinate personnel and event critical workflow and deliver on time work products.
- Candidate must have an active SECRET security clearance.
- Position may require travel for extended periods in support of distributed ground test and/or flight test deployments.
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information please click here.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.