Job Openings | Huntsville, AL | Full Time
IERUS specializes in R&D and low-rate production of electromagnetic spectrum technologies, primarily for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, systems engineering, and strategic consulting. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is looking for bright, talented, motivated and dedicated employees in the engineering field, especially those with electromagnetics experience. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
- Design, integration, qualification, range certification of flight safety systems and airborne telemetry
- Serve as lead engineer for design efforts involving multiple engineers across multiple disciplines. Generate and/or compile all required analysis and documentation verifying compliance with program and performance requirements (RCC-319, RCC-324, IRIG106, and etc)
- Act as the lead designer on complex or challenging technical problems regarding autonomous flight termination, product qualification, and range certification
- Lead development and integration of autonomous flight termination subsystem and telemetry subsystem development
- Compose objective, quantifiable trade studies to guide critical architectural decisions affecting the performance of other systems and subsystems
- Develop test and certification approach for autonomous flight termination
- Develop specifications, write supplier statements of work, and direct supplier development and validation of product designs.
- Design vehicle interfaces and electrical interface controls documents to allow integration of vendor-supplied and locally-designed subsystems.
- Present technical briefings to management, program officials, and technical staff.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, or Physics; Or 6 years with MS/MA in Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in electronics design integration
- Experience with design, integration, qualification, and range certification of range tracking subsystems per RCC-324 and flight termination subsystems per RCC-319
- Experience working with subcontractors (suppliers)
- Experience working with communications systems such as telemetry
- Avionics diagnostic and testing expertise
- Experience developing and communicating technical presentations to executive leadership and customers
- Must be a US citizen.
Desired Skills, and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with co-workers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Ability to independently solve complex problems and implement solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with system grounding schemes and resolving ground reference issues.
- Power supply design experience
- Telemetry experience
- Flight Termination System experience
- Secret security clearance, preferred TS clearance and TS/SCI opportunities
Huntsville / Various Locations in the US
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information please click here.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.