Chief Systems Engineer
Job Openings | Huntsville, AL | Full Time
IERUS Technologies develops, deploys, and supports technologies throughout the engineering product lifecycle with a focus on bringing innovative solutions to our customers. With core competencies in electromagnetics phenomenology, analytical computings (algorithm acceleration and machine learning), and weapon system engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers by accelerating technologies from idea to reality.
IERUS is the recipient of the “Best Places to Work” three years running, and has been a finalist every year eligible. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
IERUS participates in projects that address weapon systems engineering and the application of advanced approaches and techniques to support development of advanced weapon systems, sensors (EOIR and RF), communication systems, and associated software and algorithms.
The primary responsibilities of the Chief Systems Engineer are to lead the requirements and architecture development activities to define program requirements. This position will lead the team to help characterize, and developing of system requirements, performing requirements management, performing requirements verification, performing compliance assessments in support of major design reviews, and performing model-based systems engineering using technical planning; system integration, verification and validation; cost and risk studies; and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. This position is also responsible for using Engineering tools to identifying different program requirements, tracking performance metrics, and managing the systems engineering process.
•Bachelor of Science in a Qualified Engineering field such as Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field;
• 10+ years of relevant experience;
• Previous experience with systems engineering process/implementation, architecture and requirements development and analysis, system engineering requirements and architecture databases/tools (e.g., DOORS and System Architect), and specification/requirements documentation (e.g., specifications and interface control documents);
• Broad Systems Engineering background with strong coordination, communication and horizontal integration skills;
• Understanding of system architecture development process and architecture products is required; and
• Active Top Secret Clearance
• Master of Science in a Qualified Engineering field such as Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field;
• Experience with military simulations;
• Experience with simulation model integration
• System experience and versatility in several functional areas; sensors, weapons, battle management and command, control, communications
Location: Huntsville, AL/Various locations in the US
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information please click here.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.