Job Openings | Huntsville, AL | Full Time
IERUS Technologies develops, deploys, and supports technologies throughout the engineering product lifecycle with a focus on bringing innovative solutions to our customers. With core competencies in electromagnetics phenomenology, analytical computing (algorithm acceleration and machine learning), and weapon system engineering, IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers by accelerating technologies from idea to reality.
IERUS is the recipient of the “Best Places to Work” three years running and has been a finalist every year eligible. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
IERUS participates in projects that address weapon systems engineering and the application of advanced approaches and techniques to support development of advanced weapon systems, sensors (EOIR and RF), communication systems, and associated software and algorithms.
A Chief Engineer is needed to provide oversight to all design, development, and support tasks for a multidisciplinary agile team supporting an IERUS customer. This position will lead the team in critical decisions regarding hardware architecture, implementation, testing, and future planning.
• Provide technical supervision for the all hardware development and testing to include support for transition to operations and sustainment;
• Support the customer in assessing all proposed modifications, improvements, requests and recommendations;
• Identify and make management aware of potential issues that could impact design, cost, or schedule. Lead the effort to resolve all issues identified;
• Support system requirements to include eliciting, managing, reviewing, and ensuring correct implementation;
• Ensure the robustness of the product through participation in the entire development and operational life cycle; and
• Assist in the architecture, design, and modeling of the product software.
• Must be a US citizen
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Systems Engineering are preferred); advanced degree preferred;
• 15+ years of experience;
• Strong leadership skills are required in order to guide the team through execution and resolution of issues that occur;
• Demonstrated, general knowledge of sensor and communication systems, hardware design, software and embedded systems;
• Excellent problem-solving skills and keen analytical abilities;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills (written and verbal) to effectively communicate with technical and managerial personnel;
• Previous experience as a hardware or product architect;
• Excellent knowledge of hardware development methodologies and processes and associated software development practices;
• History of design, implementation, and on-time delivery of successful products;
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills;
• Understanding of systems engineering and automated test processes;
• Ability to work to a deadline;
• Self-motivation to continually learn and improve; and
• Active Secret Clearance, preferred TS.
• Advanced degree in Engineering;
• Top Secret Clearance.
Location: Huntsville, AL and various locations
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information please click here.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.