Job Openings | Huntsville, AL | Full Time
IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is looking for bright, talented, motivated and dedicated employees in the engineering field, especially those with electromagnetics experience. IERUS is the recipients of the “Best Places to Work” two years running, and were finalists the six years prior. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
- The Chief Architect position is a senior technical position responsible for guiding internal and contract work to define system architecture solutions to address changing threats. The Chief Architect will work at senior technical levels within IERUS and across the Missile Defense Industry and the DOD to provide architecture solutions for our customers programs and capabilities. The Chief Architect primary task is to guide systems-of-systems architecture analysis to evaluate, define, and balance performance across missile defense elements to accomplish missions and mitigate complex target scenes;
- Overseeing the development of complex Systems-of- Systems architectures (physical, functional, and performance); prepare and present technical study plans, results and recommendations to senior IERUS and customer officials; participate in strategy discussions and proposal development; maintain awareness of evolving threats, real world events, technology advancements, and internal and Government research;
- This lead position interfaces directly with customers, program manager, chief engineer and senior level management within IERUS;
- Candidate will collaborate across multiple disciplines to include systems, mechanical, electrical software, modeling, simulation, safety, and reliability to allow for a cohesive, productive team in a fast-paced and evolving market area;
- Planning system architecture effort, forming architecture team, and providing regular communications with program leadership; and
- Beyond the primary tasks, the candidate will assist in business development efforts and teaming arrangements as well as proposals.
- Must be a US citizen;
- BS degree and 20+ years' experience, MS with 18+ years' experience, or PhD with 15+ years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry;
- Extensive engineering experience with architecture definition and development in the missile defense domain;
- Extensive background all aspects of modeling and simulation (M&S), framework development, and M&S federation development and integration;
- Technical understanding of missile defense, space systems, discrimination, RADARs, and EO/IR sensors operations and capabilities;
- Hypersonic weapons or hypersonic technology development;
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute technical plans and trade studies;
- Experience briefing technical and programmatic data to senior Company and Government customer officials;
- Engineering leadership experience;
- Experience leading internal research and development projects for missile defense or related technologies;
- Experience working technical issues with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA); and
- Active Top Secret Clearance, and TS/SCI opportunities.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an ability to deliver results in a team environment and independently;
- Applicant must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment;
- Candidate must have good people skills and the desire to work with a highly technical team of engineers and scientists; and
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, analysts, manufacturing, project management and customer representatives.
Location: Huntsville, AL and various locations
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information please click here.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.