Agile Product Owner
Job Openings | Huntsville, AL | Full Time
IERUS specializes in technology research, testing, and implementation with core competencies in electromagnetics phenomenology, computational analytics (algorithm acceleration and machine learning), and weapon system engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product. IERUS are the recipients of the “Best Places to Work” two years running, and were finalists the six years prior. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
IERUS participates in projects that address weapon systems engineering and the application of advanced machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to support and improve the Observe-Orient-Decide-Act (OODA) loop in fire control and battle management contexts. We generally seek to apply and advance machine-learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) as applied to our relevant domains of expertise.
- The product owner(s) will provide oversight to all phases of the software life cycle as part of an Agile development team;
- The product owner will work with the Scrum Master to maintain a task/point burndown that meets customer requirements including but not limited to defining and prioritizing features;
- The product owner (with input from the scrum master) will brief all stakeholders on the progress and achievements of each sprint;
- The product owner assumes the responsibility of accepting or rejecting results of completed tasks
- Works with the Scrum Master to facilitate the agile process and all required ceremonies;
- Tasks will include all aspects of the migration from solutions to meet warfighter requirements to the development and testing of features to satisfy those requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen;
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or related field is required;
- 10+ years of engineering experience;
- Ability to decompose high level system architectures and requirement specification into stories and tasks that fit within the given sprint timeframe;
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members;
- Experience engaging various levels of stakeholders to ensure the products developed are capable of meeting the needs of the intended users;
- Experience with hardware and software systems engineering and testing in an Agile methodology; and
- Active Secret Clearance, preferred TS clearance.
- Strong technical background in computing hardware, software and/or networking; and
- Software development experience in support of DoD programs is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Location: Huntsville, AL and various locations
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information please click here.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.