Business and Technology Services Support | Chennai, India | Full Time
The Test Manager takes full responsibility for the project’s success. The role involves quality & test advocacy, resource planning & management, and resolution of issues that impede the testing effort.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Preparing Test Strategy, Test effort estimation, Release and test Planning and scheduling of test activities.
- Understanding client requirements and preparing implementation roadmap. Interacting with global teams to agree work package deliverables (functional, automation, performance and security testing) and ensure successful and timely execution of test activities.
- Influencing and directing the test approach for a number of different projects to ensure effective and efficient completion of testing activities.
- Ensuring that formal reviews of documentation and test assets are carried out effectively. Responsible for the quality of the test deliverables and effectiveness of the test effort.
- Implementing Standard Test processes as per TCoE Service Catalogue, suggesting improvements if any.
- Implement Risk based testing and other testing techniques.
- Implementing a consistent offshore testing process across a number of project teams.
- Risk Management, change management, defect management, following configuration management practices.
- Test Status and KPIs, Metrics reporting.
- Maintenance of knowledge repository.
- Participate in TCoE initiatives.
- Experience in Test Management, Test Strategy creation, Transition management, Test estimation, team building.
- Experience of managing multiple Testing Projects and Teams.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile Test Methodology.
- Experience in transitioning projects across locations.
- Strong communication skills and experience in liaising with and influencing clients at onshore locations.
- Experience of implementing test strategies, testing framework, automation for multiple projects.
- Experience in shaping and implementing consistent testing processes, Test metrics and KPIs, Dashboard across multiple teams.
- Experience of Testing Tools like HP-QC, Jira, QTP-UFT, Test Complete, Project Management tools.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Qualifications – Degree qualified or relevant professional qualification and experience.
- Experience – Minimum of 8to 10 Years of experience with 2 to 3 Years of Testing Management Experience.
- Training & Certification – ISTQB Certified.
- Skills – Test Strategy, Test Management, Team Leading, Test Execution, Project Leading, Test Manager.
- Analytical Thinking – Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Strategic Perspective – Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
- Stress Handling – Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress.
- Applying standards – Good in application of relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
- IDP Project Team Members
- Information Services Team Members
- IDP Network Users
- IDP Business Leads
- Vendors and suppliers