DigiTech | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Contract
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
To support the business requirements for the provision of system testing services.
To support business-related test activity, in terms of communications to and from the business test representatives and
ensuring through the Test Lead / Manager that key test issues are managed or escalated as necessary.
- To undertake all system test related activities in support of the IDP business requirements for the provision of new and updated systems.
- To undertake functional and integration testing, and liaison with third-party suppliers to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- To undertake Quality Assurance checks during third-party supplier and internal developments to ensure that only ‘fit-for-purpose’ functionalities is delivered into test environments
- To attend workshops comprising business and or technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such as requirement verification and prioritisation, test scenario identification and general matters.
- To ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders. Scope is to cover test cycle contents and regression packs.
- To create allocated test scripts, monitor test execution and ensure results are recorded.
- To co-ordinate re-testing of defects and issues.
- To prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test scripts, activity schedules, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
- To liaise with and assist each line of business regarding the test planning, testing activity, and test results analysis.
- To take responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance and change management.
- To support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
- To carry out other tasks as agreed with the Test Team Leader / Manager
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Technical Testing Skills – Ability to understand the system architecture of the application under test. Ability to explore multiple ways to test through UI, API or the backend. Ability to learn the application through exploration.
- Achieving Results – Be aware of key business objectives, and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities.
- Building Relationships – Able to develop effective relationships with all IDP staff, and be recognised as providing a supporting role.
- Commercial and Business Awareness – Able to identify business opportunities, and be aware of the associated risks.
- Customer Focus (internal & external) – Able to anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build professional relationships with customers and suppliers, and focus on solving their problems.
- Communication – Good communication skills suitable for the liaison with departmental staff and senior management. Demonstrate good communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues, clients and customers including producing reports, preparing, organising and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Planning and Organising – Good at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Understanding IDP – Understands and promotes IDP strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operates.
- Teamwork – Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Qualifications – Degree qualified or relevant professional qualification and experience.
- Experience – Minimum of 2 Years of experience in software manual testing and working on SDLC.
- Training & Certification – Advantageous if certified in Testing.
- Skills – Familiar with general IT Testing related competencies (infrastructure or applications). Familiar with testing methodologies and techniques.
- Analytical Thinking – Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Strategic Perspective – Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
- Stress Handling – Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress.
- Applying standards – Good in application of relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.