Technology Systems Manager
Information Services | Hybrid in Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
What we are looking for
A business focused Technologist with an impressive background in running technology initiatives and delivering measurable business outcomes.
The Technology Management System Manager is responsible for planning, managing, operating, and maintaining the overall health of IDP’s Technology Management Systems Landscape.
While the initial focus will be the ITFM (IT Financial Management) solution, additional areas of responsibility will likely grow to Technology Procurement (TP), CCM (Cloud Cost Management), Knowledge Management (KM), Automations and other technologies that add value to the operations of IDP’s Technology organisation.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity based out of our corporate headquarters in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Director, Technology Business Management, the Technology Systems Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Project Manage the implementation of ITFM Toolset
- Procurement Integration
- Ownership of the ITFM & CCM Toolsets
- Cloud Cost Management (FinOps) and AWS Marketplace
- Automation & Toil Elimination
- In-Organic Growth Technical Engagement
We are looking for a talented individual who has:
- An impressive history of Business Outcome focused Technology Implementations, taking on new technologies, understanding the underlying business imperative, and working together with “the business” to achieve the value proposition of the toolset.
- Commercial acumen, business process design and implementation, and financial literacy.
- Technology skills ranging from SaaS solution implementation, integration, configuration management, security & privacy, ongoing operations design & implementation. Experience in managing configuration and data hygiene for financial and procurement-based platforms.
- Working with data from multiple systems, resolving integration and ownership issues and increasing consistency and the value of information.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing and managing Technology Financial, Cost Management, Technology Procurement systems.
- A structured, principle-based approach to developing, communicating, and managing processes. Personally delivered process design, documentation, and implementations.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Able to work with a wide range of technical and business stakeholders to achieve the intended outcome.
Good to have:
- Experience with Ariba and Technology Procurement Concepts. Experience in embedding Technology Procurement into Financial Management and ITSM Processes.
- Experience with Apptio, Financial Reporting systems, and TBM Concepts.
- Experience with Cloud Cost Management (CCM) tooling and FinOps concepts.
An ASX100 business with a 50-year heritage, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in Southeast Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
In recent years, our investment in digital technology and customer research has enhanced these personal connections, enabling us to deliver global success to more students, test-takers and our partners.
Proudly customer-first, our expert people are powered by global technology. Together, we offer unmatched services, helping local dreams become realities, all over the world.
And best yet, at 50, we are just getting started.
Working at IDP
We are evolving rapidly. This is an exciting time to join us as we transform the way people access global education and opportunities, through leveraging innovative technology and a creating a connected world.
At IDP, our people are always at the forefront of what we do. We strive to provide workplaces that are truly diverse and representative of the communities that we work in, so our people feel empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work. We are focused on continuing to build a culture of inclusion and belonging by providing a safe work environment where all our people are encouraged to excel, be agile and creative, and seek new ways to solve meaningful problems.
Why join us
Be part of our story, as we support you to create meaningful and rewarding experiences, grow your career with purpose, and celebrate as a global team.
If you identify as a member of an underrepresented community, we encourage you to apply, even if you feel you do not meet all the criteria, but have relevant skills, experience and capability that will enhance the role. At IDP, you can be yourself, be seen, heard, valued, and celebrated every day for your meaningful contributions. If you require any adjustments, let us know.
Some other benefits include:
- Work in our new 6 green star office, featuring creative collaboration zones and a focus on health and wellbeing.
- Professional development programs to grow your career.
- Two paid volunteer days every year to support our local communities.
- Stay energized with free fresh fruit and barista onsite.