Technical Support Engineer
DigiTech | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position will support IDP Student Placement Contact Centre omnichannel call centre solution for incident management, problem-solving and any issues on the integrated platform with external systems (SAP, yMarketing and Integration middleware). Full ownership of incident and problem management relating to the underlying Network Infrastructure supporting the Contact Centre Solution. This position will have a close working relationship with the Contact Centre System Administrator.
- Delight our customers by delivering prompt, professional and thorough solutions to their IT needs consistent with the demands of our growing business.
- Taking an end-to-end approach to service management following through on service delivery through the Technology and other related resolver teams.
- Monitoring current integrated Contact Centre solution via integration, application and network dashboards.
- Interrogating and understanding data produced from the monitoring dashboard tools.
- Continual Service Improvement and recommendations based on lessons learnt through incident and problem management, and system monitoring.
- Triage Incident Management on level 2 support, troubleshoot problem management using the ITIL framework.
- Work in 24/7 rotational shift and ensure incidents are triage and resolved within the agreed SLA
- Support the Contact Centre System Administrator for product enhancements, implementations, unit testing and coordination of changes to the Contact Centre cloud platforms, as required for system configuration on ACD and IVR routing rules, menus, users, agent skills, supervisors, hours of operations, teams, points of contact, dialing lists and rules, queue and other messaging, call recording services, email, chat, studio scripting and other components.
- Collaborate with the System Administrator, developers, and cross-functional teams across IDPs integrated landscape
- Support in maintaining existing technical documentation.
- Liaison with Third-party vendors, partners and suppliers including Verizon, Nice inContact and Conn3ct
- Creating of monthly service level performance reports, and any other reports required
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelors degree or relevant professional engineering qualification with major in information technology computer science, information science, computer systems analysis, or a related field.
- 3 years of professional experience with a minimum of 1 year of experience in contact center tech support or telephony technology.
- Willing to work in 24/7 rotational shift
- Knowledge and experience in effectively working with the ITIL framework
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience in supporting customers around the globe and willing to work in shift hours