Technical Project Manager
Information Services | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
Technical Project Manager
About the Company:
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
- Candidates with good experience with SDLC
- Over all 10 years of Experience is mandatory
- Minimum 6+ years of hard core JAVA coding experience is mandatory
- 2 years of PM experience is mandatory
- Knowledge on AWS or any other cloud technology is desirable.
Overall Responsibility in delivering quality projects and products as per the BRD within the specified time line. Should be able to lead/handle a team to write and test code effectively and must work with business owners overseas. Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases. Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress and provide corrective supervision if necessary. Work cross-functionally across teams to solve problems and implement changes. Follow defined, agreed upon project management plans.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing a software project plan.
- Ensure that projects follow the project plan and is accountable for timely delivery of all projects.
- Determining the methodology used in the project.
- Establishing a project schedule and determining each phase.
- Providing regular updates to stakeholders.
- Must manage Business Analysts and drive them to deliver well-groomed stories.
- Provide excellent technical and business-oriented consulting across all areas of iHub Products.
- Must write Technical Requirements based on the inputs from business owners/clients.
- Having SEO knowledge is an added advantage.
- Take the initiative for improvements of products, processes and systems; identify business risks; escalate issues when necessary.
- Responsible for making technical decisions and suggesting sound business decisions on all projects wherever required.
- Should act as a consultant and give technical suggestions wherever required for other projects.