Technical Manager - Oracle
Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and the connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
IDP Connect specializes in producing world-leading digital applications and websites for use by our end-users, clients, and our in-house teams, technology is obviously very much at the heart of what we do.
The Technical Specialist will have responsibility for ensuring these products and services operate optimally, they will be able to work unsupervised supporting the multiple components of our technology and report to Senior management any issues and problems arising out of hours. This person will have strong troubleshooting skills and be able to work within a team co-located between London and Chennai and to lead the way with new technologies specifically integrating with various cloud architecture.
- Resolve, and take ownership, of any impacting issues with the production systems and applications during office hours and outside of core working hours.
- Resolve any issues with the development and test environments
- Proactively suggest and implement any remedial actions
- Drive the delivery and supply supporting documentation for new interfaces with 3rd party applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, paired with sound business judgment and ability to see around corners
- Support and training of the other members of the CIT team
- Work on Proof of Concept tasks for new tech and projects
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 10 + years of experience of working with Oracle stack (database / Middleware)
- Cloud-based architecture and integration tools (Eg logstash, AWS CLI, AZCOPY)
- Experience working with NoSQL or search technology (eg Elasticsearch, SOLR, MongoDB)
- In-depth knowledge of Unix / Linux OS
- SQL and PL/SQL coding experience
- Complex shell scripting
- Oracle RMAN backup and recovery
- Oracle software installation, patch installation and DB configuration and build
- Oracle fusion middleware (WebLogic, web cache, IAS)
- Apache or other internet application server technology
- SQL and DB performance tuning
- Working knowledge of other RDBMS platforms (MYSQL, MSSQL)
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative, and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities, and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views and provide opportunities for personal, professional, and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles, and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.