Technical Lead (AWS)
DigiTech | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
- Hands on Technical Leadership role – Owns the quality and delivery of “Integration at Speed”
- Strong Developer, able to develop and guide a squad towards CI/CD, DevOps delivery
- Extensive experience in development patterns, approaches and practical Dev Leadership
A hands-on Development Leader who will ensure IDPs AWS Development Squad adopts and conforms to best practice patterns and practices. The successful candidate will play a critical role in driving several projects utilizing the latest AWS microservices and features.
This role is a chance to get in at the beginning of an exciting journey as IDP utilizes AWS to improve the agility and effectiveness of information stored in its Enterprise SAP landscape.
While having the knowledge and ability to work hands on is important, the higher goal is to mentor the squad to successfully transform to DevOps delivery with the AWS environment.
Your first project will be the lead developer of a set of AWS services extracting data from the Enterprise SAP landscape via SAP Webhooks and SAP Odata calls using the AWS microservices. You will have a small squad of selected and motivated developers who will work under your direction.
The Technology Stack is:
- AWS micro-services – Lambda / SNS / SQS API Gateway
- Architecture: Microservices, Event-Driven, Pub/Sub Model, Data Queues
- Terraform: Infrastructure as Code, deployment framework
- Sumo Logic log aggregation
- SAP Cloud: Hybris Commerce and Marketing, C4C; Webhooks, ODATA Services
Current and upcoming AWS projects include:
- Upgrade of existing Event-driven Pub/Sub architecture to enterprise-grade and porting of integrations
- Upgrade of existing Mobile Application microservices to enterprise-grade
- Creation of reusable patterns for Database driven application development using Aurora
- As part of the Squad, leadership maintains a cheerful and productive attitude in the team. Mentor the team towards technical excellence and lead by example.
- Own the outcome of “Integration at Speed”, and the quality of every technical deliverable that comes from the team.
- Guide squad towards CI/CD, TDD, DevOps delivery approaches
- Create patterns that epitomize clean code – performant, secure, cost-effective, maintainable – for use by the team.
- Continuously improve the quality and productivity of the team through code reviews, retrospectives, and other ceremonies
- Deliver and continually build on the standards of the squad
- Proactively keep up to date on AWS service and feature developments and sponsor improvements with value to IDP
- Ensure every AWS object created is tagged for cost management purposes.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bias for Action, Customer Obsession, Quality, Speed
- Excellent experience in the technical leadership of a high performing squad
- Able to clearly articulate and present on the standards and guidance necessary for a new squad to provide enterprise grade development services
- Experience in delivering enterprise grade event-driven integration architectures
- Experience in developing enterprise applications Aurora or another enterprise database
- A strong developer in your own right, in Java, C# or Python with atleast 7+ years of relevant experience
- AWS Certified Developer, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect desirable
- Experience with SAP integration is desirable, but not a mandatory requirement
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.